“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and FIND GRACE to help in times of need”—Hebrews 4: 16
Oh, I can never forget that very blessed day. When the Holy Ghost opened my eyes of faith to his grace package, as entrenched in the new covenant (Hebrews 8:7-12; Ezekiel 36:25-29).
Once that light dawned on my spirit, what a heavenly experience I felt! The tangible (feel-able) manifestation of the Love of God flooded my heart. And my entire being was divinized with ecstatic anointing. I was supernaturally empowered to carry out all my spiritual responsibilities…
As that great witness of the Holy Spirit was in my heart, studying the Bible became a great delight. Prayer and fasting was automated. I prayed and fasted as if I was just having a funfair. Evangelism became like a child’s play. I could “sweatlessly” go out to evangelize, with anointed words pouring out of my mouth, like water pouring down a water-fall.
Oh, I can boldly -with no apology- say that serving God acceptably, is ALL OF GRACE. Without him (Jesus), we can do nothing (John 15:5)…
We can receive nothing from God, except on the platform of grace. We cannot serve God acceptably, except we first receive grace (Hebrews 12:28). Eternal Salvation is by grace. Spiritual gifts come to us by grace.
There is Saving grace; there is healing grace; there is prosperity grace; there is teaching grace; there is preaching grace; there is prophetic grace… And all these grace are accessible to us in Christ Jesus.
All it requires, and all it will ever require to receive them, is Faith. That is, faith in Christ Jesus (God) and faith for all these providence of grace, as entrenched in God’s word. Any of these grace you appropriate by faith, is yours for profiting.
But the question here is, why is it so hard for so many people- including Christians- to receive the faith required to appropriate these graces in their lives? The answer is, lack of knowledge and responsibility.
The faith required for appropriating these providence of grace that is in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, is given in our hearts by the Holy Spirit (The Spirit of Grace). But for the Holy Spirit to release these faith in our hearts, so we can receive these providence of grace, spiritual knowledge and responsibility is required.
Many a believer come short of the grace of God as a result of ignorance and gross spiritual irresponsibility (passivity). Faith is the work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts. And it comes by revelational knowledge of the Word by the Holy Spirit…
But it is our responsibility to yield to the Holy Spirit for the release of these revelational knowledge of God’s Word. Which eventually leads to the manifestation of faith in our hearts.
The Bible says, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). It is the second hearing (Rhema) that releases faith in our heart, and it comes as we consistently yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit…
Having said that, the question here is, how do we yield to the Holy Spirit for the release of revelational knowledge of the Word, Faith and Grace?
How to Yield to the Holy Spirit
These are the various ways we yield our hearts to the supernatural, divine influence of the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Grace.
- Studying and Meditating on the Word of God—as you consistently make a practice of studying the Word of God (The Bible) and also meditate on the word you read, you’re yielding to the influence of the Holy Spirit. And he will give you revelational knowledge of the word and consequently, you receive faith.
- Word Practice: Another way to yield to the influence of the Holy Spirit, is to practice what the word of God says. As you practice the word, the Holy Spirit, releases more grace to you. Hence, to receive grace, you should make consistent practice of God’s word, a lifestyle. You should apply the Word in everything and every decision you make in life. In order words, be not a hearer only, but also a doer of the word (James 1:22).
- Prayer: Consistent lifestyle of prayers is a sure way of yielding to the Holy Ghost for the release of revelation, faith and grace (divine empowerment). Prayerlessness can make someone come short of the grace of God. I’m a practitioner and a preacher of the Word of Faith. I have had (and still have) miraculous results through faith. Yet there are times when my faith do come to a low ebb, and I even begin to despair.But at the instance of prayer, the Holy Spirit, flushes out every form of despair and unbelief in me, strengthens my faith, and releases fresh grace in me for great exploits in life. Hence we’re instructed to pray without ceasing (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Fasting and Prayers: Another great way to yield to the Spirit of Grace, is the tool of Fasting and Prayers. Fasting and Prayers do not change God’s will, but it does help your spirit to receive light (revelations) from the Holy Ghost which consequently help your faith to receive more grace (see Isaiah 58:6-11).
- Evangelism: The Lord says we should go into the world and preach the gospel to all creatures; and that as we do, he will be with us always, even till the end of the world (See Matthew 28:18-20). As you go about, ministering the gospel of Christ to people, you’re yielding to the influence of the Holy Ghost. As you go preaching the good news, the Holy Spirit multiplies the Grace of God in your life for signs and wonders…Not only in your life, but in the lives of the people you minister to.
- Church Fellowship: Among other ways, we yield to the Holy Ghost, for the manifestation of his presence in us; and to receive grace, through Church Fellowship. The Bible says we should not neglect the gathering together of ourselves as the manner of some is (Hebrews 10:25). As we gather together in Church for fellowship, we enjoy corporate anointing and grace from the Holy Ghost.So anyone who stops attending fellowship for any reason, is in a great error. Even though there are some errors in the Church we attend, we should learn to be more forbearing. And also pray to God for the correction of those errors instead of leaving fellowship completely.
So there you have it. We receive grace by faith. And faith comes to our hearts from the Holy Ghost. But to receive the release of faith in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, we must yield to him consistently. We must be in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit.
However, as I conclude, I must add that the very first step to receiving all the grace in Jesus Christ, is in receiving the Saving Grace. Which will qualify you for eternal life. So if you’re not yet born again, and you want to be born again now, please say out this prayer, with your hand on your chest…
Say; Lord Jesus, I know I’m a sinner. But today, I repent of my sins; and I accept you into my heart as my Lord and personal Savior. Wash me with your precious blood, and write my name in the Book of Life. Thank you father for saving me, in Jesus Name!
Congratulations! You’re finally on your way to paradise.