In my last article, “Exceedingly Growing Faith” the meaning of exceedingly growing faith was thoroughly expounded. In that article, I did establish scripturally, that exceedingly growing faith is our patience and confidence amidst persecutions and tribulations of life…
It is our tenacity and assurance in God, displayed in the face of tough and even life threatening situations. Learning how to get our faith grow or manifest to the exceedingly growing dimension, is very crucial, especially in this end times, when persecution and tribulation is increasing at a warp-speed on the church.
Exceedingly growing faith is needed by every believer to remain firm in their faith like the three Hebrew boys in the face of great trials… rather than fainting and wearing pathetic or sullen look in the face of little challenges of life…
And even worse, giving up completely on God because of some momentary persecution and afflictions of life.
In this particular article, we want to see the biblical secrets on exactly how to develop our faith to the exceedingly growing dimension like the believers in the Thessalonian Church (2 Thessalonians 1:3-4).
The Biblical Secrets to Exceedingly Growing Faith
The scriptural keys in the list below are the secrets of developing our faith to the exceedingly growing or manifesting dimension in the face of life’s challenges and trials:
- Realisation of Our God Given Faith: The number one hindrance to the manifestation of believers’ God given faith at salvation is lack of awareness. Many a believer has the wrong notion that faith is the exclusive gift of God to some Christians but not to them. For some others, they believe the size of their faith has to grow to that of a balloon—with time—for them to be able to move mountains.But on the contrary, the Lord Jesus says, if you have faith that is the size of a mustard seed, you are able to move mountains. And of course, every believer in Christ Jesus has enough size of faith to move any mountain of life (see Romans 12:3).The realisation of the above fact is the major key to exceedingly growing faith.
- The Love of God: Having realised that you have the mountain moving size of faith, as every other believers. The very next key to engage for exceedingly growing faith is the love of God, from God (Romans 5:5). The bible tells us that faith works by love (Galatians 5:6).It is the love of God that can enable you face any situation of life, including persecution and even death without giving up on God (see Romans 8:35-39). To obtain exceedingly growing faith, pray the Lord for the saturation of your heart with his Love by the Holy Spirit.
- Prayers: When our Lord Jesus Christ was faced with death, he had to pray fervently in order to receive supernatural strength to accomplish his assignment by faith. The bible says as he was in agony, he prayed more earnestly till his sweat became like drops of blood falling down to the ground (see Luke 22:44).So when you are faced with agonising situations, like our Lord, don’t faint. Instead, pray earnestly to build yourself up in your most holy or exceedingly growing faith. And the most effective way to achieve that is to pray in the Holy Ghost, especially praying in other tongues (Jude 1:20).
- Righteousness Consciousness: “the wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion”—Proverbs 28:1.Righteousness consciousness is a major key to exceedingly growing faith. That is, living in the consciousness that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21). A believer that doesn’t walk in righteousness can never obtain an exceedingly growing faith; as a result of guilt and condemnation. Nothing hinders faith growth as much as the guilt of sin in the heart and self-condemnation.In the face of the slightest challenges of life, the faith of a believer who does not walk in righteousness easily gets watered down. So to obtain exceedingly growing faith, you must awake to righteousness and sin not as the word of God admonishes us (1 Corinthians 15:34).
- The Word of God: “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God”—Romans 10:17The word of God according to the above scripture, is a major key for receiving faith from God. As you consistently read, meditate and confess the word of God to yourself, overtime, your faith in God grows to an exceeding dimension. The more of God’s word you study, meditate on and confess on a regular basis, the more exceedingly your faith grows.As a matter of fact, through the key of God’s word, your faith can grow to the extent that the things people see as challenges or tribulations will eventually appear so simple and trivial for you to handle by God’s grace.
- Consciousness of the Indwelling Spirit: A major key to walking in exceedingly growing faith is a full persuasion of the fact that the Holy Spirit dwells in you always as a believer. The word of God tells us that our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. That is to say, you are possessed by God similar to the way people are possessed by demons.And he is always in you and with you. He doesn’t visit you sometimes. He is always in you and with you. He has said he will never leave you, nor forsake you (Hebrews 12:5). Once this reality dawns fully on you in your spirit, your faith in God will definitely grow or manifest exceedingly.
- A Lifestyle of Faith: “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him”—Hebrews 10:38.
I had earlier established from scriptures that every believer in Christ Jesus has enough faith inherent in him or her to move any mountain of life. But however, a believer with such inherent faith deposited in him at salvation, might as well not be able to move a stone. If he doesn’t engage that faith for growth or manifestation…
Any more than a talented or gifted footballer will be able to play professionally if he doesn’t practice playing football often. For our God given faith at salvation to grow exceedingly, we must make the practice of faith a lifestyle. We must live by faith in any and every area of life. That is, the exercise of our faith must become a daily affair, as much as eating is to us…
We must exercise our faith in holiness, health, business, career, marriage, children, finances and even the most trivial matters of life. The more we exercise our faith, the more it grows, until it becomes an exceedingly growing faith by the grace of God.
So there you have it. The biblical secrets for exceedingly growing faith. But however, the above discussed biblical keys for exceedingly growing faith, is for only the saved. The born again. If you have not yet given your life to Christ, you need to begin your pursuit of exceedingly growing faith in God by first receiving the Lord Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour.
To do that right away, say this prayers with all sincerity…
Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. But today, I repent totally of my sins and accept you as my Lord, and personal saviour. Come into my life; wash me with your precious blood. Write my name in the book of life. Thank you father for saving me, in Jesus Name!
If you just said the above prayers, I congratulate you. You are now a child of God. You are saved at last from sin and condemnation. And you now have the mountain moving faith. As you engage the above listed biblical keys, your faith must grow exceedingly in God forever in the mighty name of Jesus!